Monday, January 10, 2011

Will the babies of this year recognize any of this??

I decided to do my blog over the things that babies born in 2011 and beyond will probably never know about. With the pace of technology now a days there are a lot of things that this years babies will not use. 

Video Tapes- Broadcasting today  is all tape-less
 
Travel Agents- With the internet, who needs em?

Home and Office- With portable computers that fit in your pocket, not just your family can locate you at home, your boss can too. So will the babies of 2011 ever be able to get a break between the two?

Books, Magazines and Newspapers- The number of places that sell these will soon become as seldom as record stores.

Movie Rentals- Your gonna drive somewhere just to get a movie?! Watching movies instantly on your TV or PC is the thing to do. 

Watches- Your smart phone is on your hand just as much, right?

Maps- Used to be free almost anywhere, almost obsolete now. Most 2011 model vehicles come equipped with a built in GPS.

Long Distance Fees- A thing of the past. The internet makes it easier and faster to connect with anyone in the world.

Newspaper Classifieds- Do you think a 2011 baby is gonna go through all of the newspapers just to find out what's on sale?

Forgotten Friends will never be forgotten- 2011babies will always keep in touch with everyone they know simply via Facebook.

Forgotten Anything- With a computer in your pocket, why remember anything??

Evening News- Didn't make it home on time? It's okay, take your phone out and watch the latest news.

CD's- Slowly going away and being replaced with a music library that you can take anywhere. 

Yellow Pages- Will a ten pound book be around when you need to find somebody?

Catalogs- Why send me what I need to look at, when I can look at it any time anywhere. 

One Picture to a Frame- Digital Photo frames have saved us a lot of space.

Wires- The definition of Wireless has saved us a lot of hassle.

Hand Written Letters- "Hand Written Letters?!"

7 comments:

  1. perfect subject for this course since we are learning about it lol! i don't know what kinds of toys kids will get to play with these days lol! good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you covered all the bases. The only thing I disagree with is the watch. We will soon be business professionals, and a watch is a must. About the toys and gadgets, things have definitely changed. Imagine giving a kid a football or a bb gun these days. Phones will be gone soon due to programs like skype. Great blog, I look forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Jasen: Yes, I have a two year old and the toys that she is playing with are definitely not the ones I used to play with!

    @AJNorman:I agree,the watch in the business profession is a must. I still use my watch all the time, I feel weird without it! A lot of others though don't use it as much though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I find it interested to read your article. The one thing that I ask my self about technology is if you have you noticed that when we learned how to operate one divice an example, eye pod they will come up with a new one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kids in this generation and others to come will most definitely know things and do things that we will never know. It is the same with every generation as it comes along. Just think about the world 100 years ago. The car was a novelty and not too many people had one. Most rode horses or horse drawn carriages. We take cars for granted whereas our great-grandparents were looking at cars in awe and wondering if they would ever know how the dang things worked. The next generation will probably take the Jetson's leap and invent the flying car. They will most likely only see horses in a zoo. And they won't know who the Jetson's are either. TVs will probably become extinct in their lifetime, so those classic shows will be extinct as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Rhonda: The Jetsons are awesome. I agree that many people have never heard of George, Jane, daughter Judy and his boy, Elroy and, of course, Astro, the dog! They were ahead of their time, that's for sure.
    @ Brenda: This is a very interesting topic. I like it. Times have changed from me sitting on the sidewalk in front of my house, playing with jacks and the hoola-hoop, and riding my bike. With all the technology, kids don't play outside much and that is sad.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your blog. It is very interesting. I truly don't know what kind of toys kids will have in the future since everything is becoming technology. I remember when I was a kid I use to ride in my bike with all my friends every afternoon, now the kids are not that interest in a bike all they want is a Play Station or Xbox.

    ReplyDelete